Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Special Countdown, Noble Restaurant

Today marks the day when I have to really start studying. It's not only the time when I have to study but the time when I really have to study.

(That did not make sense.)

Exams begin on June the 10th and ends on the second last day of the final examinations, June 24th. I'm thankful for having only four papers to worry about rather than six or so like last year.

That's why I have to start studying!

Before that, a funny story from last saturday. Haha. My brother and I were blessed with a good friend who would fetch us for dinner with the rest of the cell group (we usually drive ourselves). So, my brother went out first with the friend (they have lots to talk about) and I followed after getting all my things and making sure the lights were all off etc. After locking the doors, and getting into the car, my brother turned around, "did you take the house keys?"

We were locked out of the house! And mom wasn't going to come back until much later that night! Our dinner was set at 6.30pm and we finished by about 8pm (at a very nice chinese restaurant). Very early. We were stranded for almost two hours with nowhere to go. At least our friend was kind enough to let us hang out at his place. Even though he had to study for his exams! (So sorry! And thank you lots!)


Noble Restaurant, Klang (Town area)
This was the place where we had our chinese dinner. I must apologize for the lack of photos. We only had time to take pictures of the first dish. The rest came in a blur because, not only were we too busy eating, we ate so fast and the dishes came twice as fast! Having 12 persons at a table is certainly something else. Haha. It was good though. I have nothing to complain of in terms of taste and service. They cleaned up our plates after the second dish as our plates were already full of bits and pieces that couldn't be eaten. Like prawn skin and the such. It was a very good and pleasant experience.


The first dish was really amazing. I took a lot of photos of this dish. The fish that we see is actually made of yam. You know the usual yam basket we get as a first dish for chinese dinners especially? That's what it is. It's filled with the usual yam basket contents and it's entirely made up of yam. Then we have the tofu pouch, fried balls with prawns in them (ate it and got allergies), cold slices of meat, and a selection of scallops and vegetables.


When this dish came out, I thought to myself, I have to snap a photo of this. Well, I wasn't the only one who thought so because everyone else started snapping with their camera phones. Haha. One of our elder members mentioned that kids these days all use camera phones while we still carry digital cameras around (our age difference is about 3 years so... they're not like uncles or aunties).


At first all we could do was stare and wait for everyone to snap photos. But finally we decided we had to eat.


They finally turned the lazy-susan around to serve the individual portions.


This presentation was meant for ten persons. We had 12. So the extra ones get special plates with all the extra bits. Haha. There's only one fish though.


Those who didn't get the extra plates had to, of course, arrange our portions nicely on our plates and bowls. Hehe. This was my plate.

3 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

noble restaurant - quite expensive as far as i know. and u better really start studying after reading this comment .... hehe

Anonymous said...

Very nice serving method! So that everyone wouldn't need to rush to get their own portions! Looks good!

- k o R i - said...

johnny, I tried. I really tried. But I'm still trying and hopefully succeeding bit by bit.

-chien-, that's very true! I didn't think of it that way before. Lol. The other dishes were single plates though. Then again, what's a chinese dinner if the dishes were spread in portions? XD