Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Point of View

As it turns out, no two persons can ever share a perfectly identical point of view. You may be able to get what someone else is saying but you'll never truly understand why. 

Everyone leads a different life no matter how similar their upbringing. No two siblings are 100% alike, despite growing up in the same environment. 

If that's true, is it worth arguing or wondering why people don't get what you're saying or is it worth trying to make people see things your way? 

Is my way always the right way? Is your way always better? 

Was the last argument you had worth it? 

Everyone sees things the way they want to anyway. Would what I say change the way they think? Would my words enlighten them or belittle them? How are my words perceived? 

I write in awe and wonder and I wonder if some might find me bitter or sad. Or simply unsatisfied with an imaginary situation. 

Sometimes I don't understand what you're saying or why you do what you do. But I have learned to accept that people being people are different and I know I shouldn't be bothered if I don't understand. 

Yet, when I see the look of confusion in your face and that twinge in your expression that says you can't accept that I don't understand, I'm equally as confused as you are. There are many things you may believe to be common sense, but I may not know what is common sense to you. 

So I smile an empty smile. I let out a breath or two to simply let go. It's okay. I'm me and you're you. If I like you just alright, I hope you'll like me enough to hang around long enough to be okay with what I am. 

No comments: