Sunday, September 21, 2008

Behind The Mirror...

Lately, I have often felt as though the path I seem to be heading is filled with bright, clear signs telling me that I've gone the wrong way. But in every other direction I turn, I only see one path that is ahead of me... filled with bright, clear signs that says it's the wrong way. Darkness fills the space behind me and on my sides. I turn with wary steps, to see if there's a path, but the darkness pulls at me in every other direction. Confused and lost, my cries for help left unheard.

Or... because no one expected to hear it, they thought it could not be me...

I see others walking in the darkness on paths that I could not see. I call out to them but they could not hear me. Yet, when I am silent, they turn to me with happy smiles and expect a mirrored image of their happiness. So I give it to them, and they turn away satisfied.

Is it okay to cry for help when you are expected to be the one hearing the cries of others and helping them?

Is it okay to be lost when others are looking to you for the right way?

It is okay to point them to the right way because they can see it but not go there yourself because you can't see it?

Perhaps there was a voice I hoped to hear but could not just because it had become so soft that it became as silent as my cries...

1 comment:

Johnny Ong said...

its ok to cry for help ..... felt it before where i felt useless for being unable to help a friend who was in need but i didn't know abt it