Monday, September 29, 2008

Mid-sem Holidays Are No Fun!

It never is!

We always get tons of assignment piled up during this time because "there aren't any lectures or labs hindering you"!!!

That sucks!

Still... I guess the no-labs-no-lectures part works.

No, wait, that isn't right. The only reason why we've got this two tests after the mid-sem break and assignments etc. are because of one thing.

Darn clashes with Malaysian public holidays!

Lecture clashes are bad enough =\ I had to sit for a test an hour early this semester because of that. (That meant arranging for the time and having to even think of sorting it out even though it took only an email or two.)

But when public holidays come (and we all know how many Malaysia has... if we can count them...) all official activities cease. Lectures get delayed. Experiments get carried forward. Report due dates get pushed back... until they all pile up at the 13th week of the semester! (That's the last one ever.)

We're supposed to be following an Australian calendar with no Malaysian holidays!

It's no fun when you can't go on a real holiday and see stuff and play when everything's left for this week to do.

Huh? You're saying it's my fault I didn't do it earlier, aren't you!?

I can't blame you for that.
=(


It occurred to me how I actually managed to pull it all off all these years. I actually prepared early. I wrote half my experiments in my reports before they get carried out and then write everything else on the last minute (which only takes a couple of hours because I've finished everything else). This semester was definitely different. I got so laid back I literally did everything the morning I had something due. Ugh.

No comments: