Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Up On My High Horse

I've been listening to various "negative comments" from various "people" about how "other" people behave, speak or write from up their high horses; but when some of these "people" start complaining about my grammar... boy, oh boy... it's MY turn to sit on MY high horse!

Their insufficient exposure to literature pisses me off! (If they've read more than me - my record is probably easily topped - then they really learn nothing.)

Seriously, if one cannot read in context, one really needs to hold back their tongue! I don't go around fixing everyone's grammar (not anymore anyway since it's annoying and it really shows how much you actually know; which may simply be nothing) so don't start with me! Grammar meddling should be kept within academic settings and everything else just frowned upon if upsetting but not meddled with unless asked.

I am this close (i.e. just a click away) to replying that absurd email from the-one-who-tried-to-fix-my-grammar with my own absurd smug email.

Dear the-one-who-tried-to-fix-my-grammar,
There are two if's for a reason. There's also a comma for a reason. The sentence itself is pretty straightforward. "If you are interested, contact us. If you know someone (for your benefit, I meant someone-else-who-is) capable, forward the email." I would rather have a team of people who are capable than just one person. If you can't understand, I can't help you.


[I can't and won't send this because that will just start off a stupid war of nonsense.]

So don't worry. I rant here and I reply here. I know how rude it sounds.
To anyone reading this, keep it to yourself. Spouting nonsense brings you nowhere. ;P

It really seems like a silly reason to be ticked off now.

+ first paper this Friday afternoon +
+ studied in uni today +
+ feeling stressed at home +
+ in an extremely angsty mood +
+ please pray for me +

No comments: