Saturday, June 2, 2007

Living Beyond "Myself"

"By faith, I will serve; and wait upon the Lord."

June.02.2007:Saturday
Was at Citylife church today. They were preaching the last message for the series "living beyond myself". It was about serving and the attitude of those who spent their whole lives serving. They were people who knew that serving was not about them (or 'me'; we'd definitely breakdown along the way and give up if we're truly serving for ourselves), that it was not about 'now' (but what happens after we've lived our short life here on earth), that the only approval that matters is the one from above, and that they have found their purpose and they can feel God's pleasure. So, serving was really about doing it out of love for God and for the very purpose of pleasing Him.

Really simple message; but, I couldn't help thinking about a conversation I had just the Monday night before. In that conversation, we were sharing about how timely God is when he speaks to us, how timely sermons can sometimes be, and how I wanted to serve. So, yea, I can't help but wonder how timely this message was. Out of the verses in the sermon, I think Hebrews 11 was the one the spoke to me most.

Apparently, I can download sermon notes from their website and download sermon mp3s too.

Word of the Day :: intransigent
"uncompromising."

No comments: