Friday, June 15, 2007

quiescent

at rest; still; inactive.

June.15.2007:Friday
+ rare occurrence: I did laundry +
+ had lunch in the city ^^ +

Today's word, quiescent, really describes my day. After yesterday's depressing exam, I could only think about anything else other than that exam. Don't think I want to think about it anymore. Darn, I'm still thinking about it.

Anyway, I've been following Darker Than Black, Kaze no Stigma, Romeo x Juliet, and Claymore lately and here's what I think about them.

For storyline, I'd say Claymore and Romeo x Juliet ranks the highest as the most interesting. While you'd think Romeo x Juliet should be predictably following William Shakespeare's version, well, it isn't. Check it out here! Darker than Black is mediocre to some extend. While the main theme of contractors with powers and an obeisance* is interesting an all, the story isn't building up very well IMO (*an act they have to perform after they use their powers, could be as simple as drinking or singing). Kaze no Stigma however, is just... too predictable. o.o I'm following for the sake of following with the hope that there's something deeper to it. If there isn't, and it's something lame, I'd be disappointed.

The only other thing I look at besides storyline is: artwork. And, they're all good. xD Claymore and DTB have dark themes so the colouring is like that. Kaze no Stigma is... comical, and I guess that's why it's so brightly coloured. Ah, Romeo x Juliet's just sweet... love the pastel/soft colour theme the anime's going with. The character designs, backgrounds, etc. etc., all good. No complains whatsoever.

Hmm... didn't pick out any good background music from any of these anime. Or at least, I didn't find one that I like. DTB's opening song wasn't... pleasant, to me. Darn, I miss Hunter x Hunter, FMA, and all those really cool anime with super cool OSTs. If I had to name an ongoing anime with good OST, I'd have to say Bleach and Naruto. I like their OP and ED themes. xD Now I really miss watching anime like Ouran High School Host Club.

+ hadn't wrote that much in a while +
+ feels good. +
+ in case you're wondering, I couldn't study +
+ next exam: Tuesday (June 19). +

1 comment:

Kenny Chan said...

iyer... tak basuh baju punya...

Haha... love OHSHC as well. Watched 3 times. It's damn nonsensical but at the same time, it has serious life issues that we face everyday (when they reveal the individual life stories). Funny, witty, sad, heart-wrenching... brilliant!

I think... I'll watch it again.

XDXD