Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random Blogs I've Visited Recently

Recently, after joining the innit community at nuffnang, I've been blog hopping a lot. I found out a lot about Malaysian bloggers in that they are certainly a very interesting bunch of people. Most of them made me think of how society respond to many things and how secluded I've been in my own world. However, there are many too that gave me valuable insights and made me glad I was blog hopping.

One of the blogs I found was Joie de Vivre. It's a christian blog by a born again christian that challenges christians and their faith. By challenge, I mean that reading the blog made me realize how imporant it is for Christians to step up and not only defend our faith but step out of our comfort zone and obey the command to make disciples of all nations. You should give it a read! It's definitely worthwhile.

April.07.2008:Monday
+ should have added this blog as well +
+ not sure if it's true +
+ but what if it turns out to be true? +
+ better help and be fooled than not help and be scorned +
+ The Journey of the Homeless: click for an interesting read +

 

Random thoughts

Reading other local bloggers made me really think that the reason why there are many who do not know that christianity is not a religion but a relationship is because there are so few of us making this clear to them. Many times we are just stating "religious" comments like "Christians should do this" and "Christians should do that" but we never ever say "Jesus said this" or "Jesus said that". Is our faith truly just knowing we'll go to heaven and that's it? Doing good work is just the first level of faith and if we do not know how to move on, honestly, why are we Christians? What truly makes us different? That we carry the message of love? NO!

I believe in eternal life and I believe that there is only one true God. I believe that believing in Jesus is the only way to heaven and that I am a sinner from birth. I believe that hell is real and I believe that Jesus died so that my sins are washed away and I'm saved from eternal damnation. I want to live a life worthy of Jesus in that I want to live every day knowing God's word and knowing that saving souls is more important than the next assignment due. I've been stumbling for too long in the dark not knowing if my sins are forgiven but today, I know that they are and I know that as long as I stand for Christ he will strengthen me.

Being a Christian is easy. It's true! I became a Christian at the age of 3 by just asking to be one. But the life I've lived since I was a Christian has been filled with such challenges that I've never truly wanted to share with anyone because of how personal it is and how difficult it was. Carrying the cross every day is real. The hardest part about being a Christian for me is accepting that all we can do is plant the seed and gather the harvest. As to whether the seed grows into a mature plant or if any seed grows at all, is up to God.

3 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

the random thoughts are so real

Angie said...

Amen to your random thought.

But one thing that I think it would be better to put it different way... Being Christian is simple, but hard - which means Theoretically, it is easy, but applying it and living it is not as easy. But through Christ, nothing is impossible.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

- k o R i - said...

Yes, how I could I forget to mention that! ^__^