Sunday, August 12, 2007

Born To Fly 2007

- Amelia Earhart -
"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."

Born to fly was a kids holiday program held at Albany Rise Primary School from July 5th till July 7th, 2007. It was truly three days of good fun; even though I was down with a bad flu/cough/illness.. whatever it was. Was quite afraid that I would infect little kids with my constant coughing >.< But they weren't infected, so all's good ^^.

The kids were so cute!!! I had 6 in my group =) 7 on the second day. But 6 on the other days. They were lovely and obedient. They really came to participate and do stuff at BTF. My kids may not have gotten a lot of points for the group but they were noticed as being very helpful and obedient. And one of my kids got the overall outstanding kid award (I made the name up coz I can't remember what it was actually called xD;;;).

I remembered helping out to distribute flyers and finding out how everything was prepared for this programme. Everyone did their part and no one really complained! That was the best part! Actually, it was the best part of my whole stay in Australia. So little complaining heard! No one around me complained!! Only once in awhile, but I hear encouragement more than anything else. It was good.

Compared to VBS, this really felt small scale and much more.. meaningful. I remembered being part of 3 team leaders taking care of 15 over kids for four days! And unlike BTF, VBS was a full four days 3 nights event! It was really cool too! In VBS, everything was done in parts as in, the deco committee worked on their own, the team leaders were trained on their own, the kitchen committee were an entirely different set of people, and everyone did what they did separately. This was the biggest difference I saw. Maybe it was because we had the resources and could afford to have so many people serving for VBS but.. let's just say I was really impressed to see how much this church could do for BTF. It cannot be compared to VBS at all!

The experience was great! Definitely =)

PS: was writing this on the 7th of July... That's pretty long ago.. Guess I don't remember much anymore. But I will remember that.. for their church, with what resources they had.. it was an increadible feat!

No comments: