Friday, March 28, 2008

Procrastinating (yet again)

It took me three weeks to finish a 1500 word essay. Now, I'm left with 3 days to finish a 2500 word essay. Where's the logic in that?

I can't blame anyone for this though. After finally finishing that 1500 essay, I found myself procrastinating every single minute of the day. Look at me now! I'd rather blog than write that essay! I kept giving myself excuses saying I would do it once it's night since that's when I find the mood to work. (Which is truly a load of nonsense!)

Funny how it's so much easier putting things aside than doing them. When I feel stressed, I'd rather put the source of that stress at the back of my mind rather than fixing it so that I could free myself from stress. If only I could remember more often that dealing with it sooner will make myself feel free. And I won't feel so guilty anymore!

My bible reading has been falling back yet again. It felt so good too whenever I managed to catch up. I kept telling myself there's a time for everything and I should really do my best and keep up. Not just with reading the bible too. I've recently been reminded again how important it is to pray. Prayer is our only tool of communication with God. What is a relationship without conversation? There was one week where our cell group material shared about prayer and I found it extremely true. True to prayer and its role in our relationship with God.

If I feel like it I'll put it up in this blog. For the time-being, I'll be using the courage, strength and peace of God to stop procrastinating!

2 comments:

Angie said...

that sounds just like me - The procrastination and falling back bible reading.

- k o R i - said...

hahaha... it takes a lot to break habits I think >.<