Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It hurts

I once told a friend that I often feel as though I'm being carried away by the strong currents of a river. There was nothing to hold on to but a rope and that rope was the only thing keeping me from drowning or being swept away.

I did not have the strength to pull myself to shore nor did I want to try. The sense of security given by that rope was just enough for me to hang on to dear life. It did not matter that the river was splashing water into my face or threatening to keep me below its surface because the rope was there. It was enough.

When I closed my eyes thinking I was alright, I opened them and found myself strangely on the riverbank. The sounds of rushing water caught my ears and all I could do was stare into the water and hug my knees for I was cold. So very cold and very alone. The dark forest was behind me and there was not a sound of anything else. Just the sound of water flowing right before me. I was alone and afraid, more so than I was in the river.

I almost wanted to jump right back in just so I could feel safe hanging on to something. But I knew that if I did, I will just be swept away and be lost forever.

So I would stand up and start walking.

At least then, I might find a path.

4 comments:

mingchoi said...

I like this post.. it gives me a sense of affinity, of a feeling that I am not alone in my struggle. :)

mingchoi said...

ps: erm i stuck your post on my blog. Hope its ok with you. :D

its at asmingchoilikesit.blogspot.com

if u don't like it, i'll tear it down again! :D

- k o R i - said...

it's okay =)
as long as there's a link back to that post or my blog and as long as I get credited. Haha XD

glad you liked it ^^

Justin said...

Hey er... I'm a friend of Ming Choi and i was drawn here after seeing what she quoted from you. I was in the midst of making a decision regarding my future course in life and want to say that this post of yours helped me find the strength to make the tough choice. So though you don't know me... Thanks.