Monday, July 14, 2008

Not Going to be Bitter

They couldn't do anything about it. Nothing at all. My clashes stay.

Sigh.

Looks like it's more self discipline for me and listening to online lectures from Down Under. Hopefully, I'll find out if there are others who will be doing the same subject and hopefully, I can get them to take down notes or at least record the lectures for me... Or at least tell me of any announcements I need to listen to.

Otherwise.

It's a whole new semester beginning today! Most of my friends will be doing different subjects. Our breaks aren't exactly on the same days either. So not fun. But it's okay. It means new friends. (If I'm friendly enough. Haha.)

3 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

can't imagine that they didnt anticipate clash of subjects for students esp when you paid to study for it

- k o R i - said...

Yeah, well, can't expect Malaysian administration to be better than the Australian system. Coz, in Australia, students get to choose any of the available subjects they want (obviously depending on whether prerequisites have been fulfilled or whether the semester offers the subject) besides the core subjects (or compulsory subjects). And the timetabling system is such that the computer sorts out the clashes to a minimum where the least that could happen was one lecture clashing with the other.

However, from what I gathered through the email, the timetabling done in Malaysia was manual. ._. They had to tell the team to make sure certain subjects do not clash. Then again, this was the result of them rearranging the course structure every year. It's honestly not my fault that this clash happened since it should be sorted based on what students allocated and not what the course structure offers.

I honestly did not have any expectations when I sent that first email. I just had to make sure my voice was heard somehow and make known to them that this is a problem.

On another note. They should give us back our money for every class clashed >(

chian said...

i agree, they should refund cuz you aren't attending the classes >.<